Welcoming Emilie

         

                    Hello, my name is Rainy Willis and today I am going to be introducing Emilie. Emilie is the person that I chose to help me with my environmental issue which is plastic pollution in the ocean. Emilie is and has been a great help to me in helping me with my issue. She is apart of the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup so she is helping out lots on the beach cleaning up all of the garbage left there. She has also done a few tests studying and observing how the pollution levels in the water affect the fish and their behavior. 

                Emilie studies and helps with the problem of pollution as I mentioned before she was and still is helping to keep the beaching near her clean and pollution-free. She has also studied something called sound pollution. Sound pollution is in places where there is lots of boat traffic. It is harmful to fish and other animals because the amount of sound causes them to be very stressed and it can also make it harder for animals to communicate. It's like if you tried to have a conversation with someone in the car while the radio was stuck on full blast and you couldn't turn it off. It would be pretty annoying and stressful to try to socialize with all of that background noise.

                I chose Emilie to help me study my environmental issue firstly because my Great Aunt Beth had told me that she had a good friend who was willing to help me with my high school studies. Secondly because once I got to know her a little bit more through email she seemed very knowledgeable and focused on helping the ocean to stay un-polluted. She not only knows a lot about the ocean but she is also helping to make it better instead of just acknowledging the problem like so many of us do. 

Comments